You are here
Lectures on Computational Linguistics
"Lectures on Computational Linguistics" is a two-day event featuring tutorials on the following topics in Computational Linguistics: Lexical Resources (Elisabetta Jezek, University of Pavia), Syntactic Annotation (Simonetta Montemagni, ILC-CNR, Pisa), Distributional Semantics (Alessandro Lenci, University of Pisa), Machine Translation (Marcello Federico, Fondazione Bruno Kessler).
The event is organized by the Doctoral School of Linguistic Sciences of University of Bergamo-Pavia and by Fondazione Bruno Kessler.
Participation is open and free. We welcome participation from Master and Ph.D. students, as well as everybody who is interested in the topics.
For organizational reasons, we kindly ask interested participants, to send their expression of interest to feltracco[at]fbk[dot]eu before 29th April.
Anna Feltracco, Elisabetta Jezek, Bernardo Magnini
feltracco [at] fbk [dot] eu
5 MAY 2016
11.00-13.00 Lexical Resources, Elisabetta Jezek (University of Pavia)
14.30-16.30 Syntactic Annotation, Simonetta Montemagni (Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale "Antonio Zampolli", CNR, Pisa)
16.45-18.00 Student Presentations:
- Towards a semantic annotation scheme for Italian NN compounds and NPN phrasal nouns, Silvia Micheli (University of Pavia\ University of Bergamo)
- The creation of HoDeL, a dependency lexicon for Homeric Greek: problems and perspectives, Chiara Zanchi (University of Pavia\ University of Bergamo)
- From opposition among verbs to contradition in text, Anna Feltracco (Fondazione Bruno Kessler\University of Pavia\ University of Bergamo)
- Heady-Lines: an assistant for creative headline generation, Lorenzo Gatti (Fondazione Bruno Kessler\University of Trento)
6 MAY 2016
09.30-11.30 Distributional Semantics, Alessandro Lenci (University of Pisa)
11.45-12.45 Student Presentations:
- The syntactic annotation of Hittite fragmentary texts, Guglielmo Inglese (University of Pavia\ University of Bergamo)
- Emotion detection from text, Lea Canales Zaragoza (Universidad de Alicante\Fondazione Bruno Kessler)
- What is an event? Defining and Processing Events in an Inter-Disciplinary Perspective, Rachele Sprugnoli (Fondazione Bruno Kessler\University of Trento)
14.00-16.00 Machine Translation, Marcello Federico (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento)